Vancouver Island has been selected Best Island in North America for the 6th consecutive year by readers of Conde Nast Traveller magazine.
And the Comox Valley is one of the most diverse and intriguing regions to explore on Vancouver Island. The Valley is rich to overflowing with opportunities to experience nature – enjoy first rate recreational and cultural activities – and appreciate a unique urbanity, at an unhurried pace, in a spectacular natural setting.
A sample of the Valley’s offerings you can enjoy from your home base at La Pause Bed and Breakfast includes:
- Exceptional skiing and boarding at Mount Washington
- Long uncrowded beaches
- Hiking in well developed mountain trails offering stunning views
- Boating , kayaking, diving, fishing
- Whale watching, big game watching
- An eclectic and charming mix of eateries and fine dining
- Live music – from great gigs at the Waverly in Cumberland, among the Valley’s many entertainment spots- to Vancouver Island’s biggest: the Music Fest
- Golf at your choice of seven courses
- Art galleries and artists – the Valley is blessed with an abundance
- Festivals – more than 50 each year!
- Rich farmland, offering bountiful organic produce at open markets or your table
Comox Valley Tourism is THE source for information on these and all the delights of the Comox Valley. Check out their web site to plan your discovery vacation to the Comox Valley